- In Collaboration With:Jean Bocabeille Architecte (housing, religious center and retail businesses)
- Urban Redevelopment Company:SPLA Paris Batignolles Aménagement
- Structure Engineering:Kephren
- Fluids Engineering:Alto Ingénierie
- Construction Economics:Mazet & Associés
- Sustainable Engineering:Plan02
- Landscape Designer:Atelier Jours
- Cost:13,700,000 € (pre-tax)
- Cost Of Furniture, Fittings And Kitchen:2,800,000 € (pre-tax)
- Architects Project Managers:Luc Pinsard, Ariane Rouveyrol
- Interior Design Project Manager:Aline Defert
Text description provided by the architects. Formerly a railway enclave, the Clichy-Batignolles ecodistrict is reconquering this forgotten piece of Parisian ground. This major municipal project was envisioned as a response to the elevated need for housing while paving the way for a durable, mixed-use 21st century city. So much data that had to be compiled to come up with smart solutions for a multi-program block (nursing home, social housing, private housing, religious center, and retail businesses).
These programs, with their fruitful cohabitation, contribute to the city’s growth with their high quality and symbolic significance. The project provides a strong architectural response to the challenges of urban density and new environmental requirements by creating collective strategies for the entire block.
The nursing home is located at the very center of the block, which allows its residents to live in the heart of the “city” and benefit from its vitality. The “spiny” facade faces multiple directions and has many diagonal views while nevertheless maintaining a sense of intimacy to the spaces.
Far from the traditional, old-fashioned setup for senior housing complexes, this project was designed as a whole: as a building, but also in terms of its interior and furniture.
The rooms, whether they face the city or the patio, all possess an outdoor space and the top floor hosts bedrooms with high confort. The cornerstone of everyday life is the home’s restaurant with a strategic position attuned to the space and pace of the city, two vital functions.