- Construction Manager:Lend Lease
- Civil Engineer:Langan
- Structural Engineer:Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Mep Engineer:Jaros Baum & Bolles
- Laboratory Planning:Jacobs Planners Collaborative, Inc.
- Clinical Programming:Kurt Salmon Associates
- Vertical Transportation:Van Deusen & Associates
- Landscape Architecture:Quennel Rothschild
- Lighting:Susan Brady Lighting Design
- Acoustics/Av/It:Cerami & Associates
- Leed Consultant:Paladino & Company
Text description provided by the architects. Envisioned as a place of discovery and healing, this striking facility is shaped by its translational research mission and urban context.
Located in Upper Manhattan, the center places researchers, clinicians, educators, and patients in an integrated environment with state-of-the-art technology.
The 11-story building is specifically designed to foster multi-disciplinary interaction through a network of formal and informal settings.
The primary design objective was to craft a flexible environment that would be inspiring and supportive for employees while gracious and dignified for patients and their families. Inside, natural light and a warm, simple material palette puts cancer patients at ease.
On the exterior, the building features brick and glass, and ample glazing on the ground level helps create a welcoming aesthetic.
Located in an economically challenged neighborhood, the building shares its compact site with a residential tower built concurrently to offset the medical center’s cost.