Korea Racing Authority (KRA) launches an international competition for the design of a Horse Park in Yeongcheon, Korea.
This one stage project competition in accordance with the UNESCO-UIA regulations has been approved by the UIA.
KRA intends to develop on a 1,474,883㎡ site "LetsRun Park Yeongcheon", a theme park about horses incorporating a racetrack that will hopefully become a local attraction. Its goal and purpose is to improve the overall image of horse racing and contribute to the horse industry, become tourist destination and attraction that enriches the local economy, and bearing a profit, provide an exemplary model for theme park development. The development concept of the theme park is "Unplugged Horse Utopia"
The competition is open to professionals in architecture, theme park design, landscape design, tourism, marketing, or other fields can enter. A team can have up to five members and must include at least one licensed architect.
The winning entries and prizes are as follows:
· First Prize: Design contract
· Second Prize (One entry): KRW 40 million
· Third Prize (One entry): KRW 20 million
· Honourable Mention (Eight entries): KRW 5 million each
• Registration: November 09, 2015 ~ December 23, 2015, 17:00
• Posting Questions: November 09, 2015 ~ December 04, 2015, 17:00
• Answers: December 14, 2015
• Submission Deadline: February 15, 2016, 17:00
• Jury Session: February 24, 2016 ~ February 26, 2016
• Announcement of Winners February 29, 2016
Entrants may register on line on the competition web site where all documents will be downloadable.
The registration fees are USD 100 (KRW 100,000). Working languages of the competition are Korean and English.
The international jury consists of seven members: three architects, one landscape architect, two professionals from theme park, and one from marketing. The list of will be announced by the middle of December.
TitleCall for Entries: International Competition for Horse Park in Yeongcheon, Korea
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
OrganizersKorea Racing Authority
Registration DeadlineDecember 23, 2015 05:00 PM
Submission DeadlineFebruary 15, 2016 05:00 PM
VenueLetsRun Park Yeongcheon