- Projects For Pavilion And Garden:João Diniz, José Baccarini
- Manufacture:Accero, Beatriz Quaresma, Iara Napoli
- Accero Team:Fabio Adriano Pereira da Silva (coord.), Fábio Adriano Santos Silva, Tiago Matos, Alvaro Soares
- Lightining Fixtures:Art Abajour, Adriana Vasconcelos
- Implementation Of Garden:Israel Neves, Marcelo Xunda
- Stones:Ecoseixos (w / Claudio)
- Support:CEAP (Andrea and Sodre)
- Steel:SAE 1020 oxidized
- Total Weight:1.8 ton.
- City:Belo Horizonte
Text description provided by the architects. This small pavilion functions as a doorway to the design and architecture exhibition ‘Casa Cor MG 2015’ in Belo Horizonte, where 'Brazilianity' was the proposed theme.
'Mineral Essence' was the concept adopted where the rusted steel, a material that refers directly to the state of Minas Gerais’ siderurgyc activities, is used how it is provided bt the industry, on metal strips that defined the project the continuos plan conforming the surfaces of the floor, wall and ceiling.
Such plates in a semi-elliptical shape appear in three parallel ribbons of 1.0 m. and are structured by four box-beams of 3.0 x 10.0 cm. The entire surfasse is covered by pieces of 450,00 x 10.0 x 1.0 cm promoting the shading of the roof. The plates used are 2.0 mm thick in all parts of the construction.
This continuous and organic shape of the pavilion suggests a prospective reference to the organic architecture of Niemeyer in Belo Horizonte’s Pampulha, the place of the event.
The garden surrounding the pavilion confronts two realities of contemporary landscaping. On the front, sarongs and foliage as bromeliads and grasses of the pampas define a rustic ambience, with good uptake and water retention. On the back, the atmosphere is dry, with the presence of agaves, the existing mandacaru cactos, on along with stones and marble powder, warning of an undesirable future water scarcity.