- Structures : AM Arquitetura de Estruturas
- Building Services : Fio D’Água Infraestrutura
- Approvals Consultant : RA5
- Suppliers : Administração da obra - Eight & Pharcon Construtora; Construção - RDB Construções e Reformas; Estrutura Metálica - Aço Vertical Edificações Ltda.; Telhas metálicas - Ananda; Esquadrias de Alumínio - M&M Esquadrias; Vidros temperados - Esquema Vidros.
- Site Area : 114 m²
- Project Architects : Marcio Orsi e Roberta Gontijo
- City : São Paulo
- Country : Brazil
Text description provided by the architects. Located on the edge of a traditional residential area in São Paulo, the project takes advantage of the topography of the area in the state capital to transform the main structure of an existing corner townhouse into a small office building. The proposal seeks to relate to the traditional typology of 'shop and mezzanine'.
We demolished all the interior walls of the ground floor and dug part of the living room to create ample room on this floor for use as a store or office area. At the back of the lot, with access from the side street, part of the building was demolished to create two parking spots.
Upstairs, in addition to interior walls, we also demolished the screening slab, which was replaced by thermo-acoustic metal roofing tiles, installed on a metal structure. This new structure marks the main intervention in the original volume of the site, giving personality to the architecture and differentiating it from surrounding buildings.
Planned for lease, Gabinete 857 allows quite varied uses of its facilities. Floor finishes and the interior walls will be defined later between the tenant and the owners - the architects themselves. Similarly, the metal structure is designed to support a mezzanine facility with wood flooring, which will also have its design and dimensions determined by the occupant's needs, this may be an office, photo studio, advertising agency, shop or restaurant.