- Promotor (Houses) : AFAVIAS Engenharia e Construções SA
- Collaborators : Ana Ferreira, Carolina Salcedo, Maria Vasconcelos, André Campos, Hugo Torres, Tiago Coelho.
- Structural Consultants : Afaconsult
- Electrical Consultants : Afaconsult
- Mechanical Consultants : Afaconsult
- General Contractor : Loteamento – Couto & Couto, Casas - AFAVIAS Engenharia e Construções, SA
- Client : Região Autónoma dos Açores - Secretaria Regional da Habitação, Equipamentos, Direcção Regional da Habitação.
- Country : Portugal
Text description provided by the architects. This project consists of 27 single-family dwellings built under a controlled-price regime, and the basic aim was therefore to optimize its costs effectiveness. The design seeks to enhance the versatility of uses and subsequent potential modifications to the physical features of the spaces.
The operation area, which has a gentle eastward slope down to the lake, covers13.202m2, inserted in a transition zone of the Vila das Sete Cidades.
The elongated trapezoidal allotment has a street with a line of two-story buildings on its western side, agricultural plots to the north and east, and a forested area with no buildings at all to the south.