- Collaborators : Nicola Pugliese, Francisco Cassimiro, Maria Carolina Simões, Mariana Gomes, Maria Clara Rodrigues, Cecília Mesquita, , Mariana Zazulla, Ludovica Leone, Carolina Vicentini, Camila Pauluk, Maria Pia Laloni, Marina Santos
- Bayer Engineering Team : Erik Boettcher, Luis Laurini, Claudio Silva
- Construction : Jz Engenharia
- Earthwork : Jz Engenharia
- Structure : Grupo Dois Engenharia Ltda
- Foundation : Appogeo Consultoria De Projetos
- SPDA : Jpinha Engenharia Ltda
- Client : Bayer
- Architects In Charge : Roberto Loeb and Luis Capote
- Design Team : Damiano Leite, Chantal Longo
- City : São Paulo
- Country : Brazil
Text description provided by the architects. The City of São Paulo has few bridges only for cyclists and pedestrians.
In front of the Bayer headquarters, the bridge is located where the Pinheiros river meets the Canal of Guarapiranga’s dam. By connecting both sides of the river, the bicycle path parallel to the river is extended, and citizens, Bayer’s employees and the community around become closer to the metro station.
Besides connecting the two sides of the canal, the bridge generates a place to contemplate the landscape. Two metallic islands over concrete pilotes surve as support for the 90 meters lenth bridge. Those metallic islands are covered by vegetation, a reference to water-lilies, which were the conceptual reference for the project.
In order to maintain the canal navigability, the central span is movable: the two central parts of the linear structure rotate by using electrical motor.