- Structural Engineer :Hexaingenierie
- Heating Engineer :Mercier Sacepee
- Construction Company :NORDFRANCE et DEMATHIEU&BARD
- Architects In Charge:Antonio Pedro De Sousa, Pascal Hory, Grégoire Noyer
Text description provided by the architects. The project is an institution for dependent elderly (nursing homes) of 125 beds located in the town of Carvin in northern France, 90 beds accommodation "traditional" 30-bed unit in living and Alzheimer 5 home beds day.
The project takes into account the following points:
- An architecture that reflects the new urban plan prepared by the City of Carvin.
- Establish contact between the internal life of the intitution and the City.
- Create a building that is a life project, offering activities and multiple spaces for each hour, day, season.
- Highlight the many strengths of the site link with adjoining project views, street and square as possible (communication area), liaison with neighboring school. The following criteria have guided us in the development of this project:
- Optimisation of operation
- Streamlining the cost
- Closeness of the land parcel
The program has led us to propose a building in three levels. This arrangement allows us to identify areas of gardens and household vis-à-vis with the Party. Such a building allows a rationalization of the cost by optimizing the foundations, coverage. This compact volume boundary of the project staff travel and offers a local care provision and techniques adapted to a modern operation, with good support residents growing older and dependent by a smaller staff complement.
We have endeavored to provide the elderly a contemporary, clear and dynamic.
- Develop a series of outdoor spaces on a human scale: gardens, terraces accessible (from salons).
- Materialize and prioritize traffic to facilitate orientation. Color and designs soil attend the orientation. Axes, linearity circulations, breakthrough natural light.
- Provide easy orientation for the visitor and user.
- Propose glass parts in the internal circulation to bring the landscape inside the building, and provide perspectives on the outside. The building is more transparent in all areas of life. The dining south are protected from the sun by awnings, external blinds and air conditioning. Their situation gives them an exclusive view of the colorful gardens.
- Arrange rooms for a person bedridden can observe the landscape of his bed.