- Quantity Surveyor:Rafael García Santaella
- Managing Works:Rafael de La-Hoz, Clemente Lara de la Peñaq
- Project Team:Hugo Berenguer, Belén Rivera, Fernando de la Fuente, Zaloa Mayor, Álvaro Rivero, Susanne Forner, Monika Kussewska, Laura Díaz, Silvia Villamor, Ángel Rolán.
- Graphic Design:Luis Muñoz, Daniel Roris
- Models:Fernando Mont, Víctor Hugo Coronel
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineer:Herrero Ingenieros
Text description provided by the architects. Cubic form and zero gravity, the Vial-Norte UCO building is the result of the combination of massive volumes with light spaces.
Located in a trapezoid-shape plot, as part of Renfe 2 Masterplan – one of the urban extensions of Cordoba, (Spain), the building seems dramatically weightless, highlighted by the emphasis on the contrast of the façades: glass and concrete.
The new education centre blends in with its surrounding urban backdrop. The north façade, double-skin, and east and west façades are covered in onsite micro-concrete with large windows that allow natural daylight to shine in. The south façade shows a translucent aluminium materiality with driven voids of light that embodies the building's aspirations in the city's fabric.
Resulting in a total GFA of approximately 5.448 m², the five-storey building provides education programs while two underground floors provide parking and optimal storage.