- Plumbing And Electrics:Gera Serviços de Engenharia S/S Ltda
- Facade Framing Project:Arqmate Consultoria de Esquadrias
- 3d Modeling:Victor Paixão
- Architects In Charge:Vinicius Andrade, Marcelo Morettin
- Project Coordinators:Marcio Tanaka, Marina Mermelstein
- Collaborators:Florian Schmidt-Hidding, Marcelo Maia Rosa, Renata Andrulis
- Plumbing:Gera Serviços de Engenharia S/S Ltda
- Electrical:Gera Serviços de Engenharia S/S Ltda
- 3 D Modelling:Victor Paixão
- City:São Paulo
Text description provided by the architects. Located in central area of São Paulo, this building was erected in a small plot, embedded in a mixed-use neighborhood, known for its active nightlife.
The presence of large numbers of bars, restaurants and small culture houses on the surroundings, led us to the idea of designing a building that enhances the urban life. Thus spaces for leisure or sports were not created within the condominium area, instead we invested in a design that seeks wide contact with the street. This relationship is manifested by a large entrance which gives the entry an expression of the urban dimension and yet is welcoming.
Regarding the fragile and heterogeneous local landscape, we created a volume that fits delicately into the environment, and that at the same time takes advantage of the most beautiful views that place offers. This was achieved with the progressive geometry of the typical floor plan and the extensive use of glass panels and the creation of generous balconies for each unit.
The units, in addition to the candid views they hold, are designed as open spaces that offer complete freedom of occupation to accommodate the lifestyle of each owner. With double high each unit has several shafts, strategically located, allowing to relocate every internal room.
On the facade, the balance between panels of glass with the wood panels, manifest this freedom in the use of internal spaces, while giving the mass of the building a certain lightness.