Six teams have been invited to form interdisciplinary teams in Washington D.C.’s 11th Street Bridge Park competition. Envisioned as a “21st century play space,” the project intends to unify two disconnected parts of the city with a single, multi-use parkscape that will span the width of the Anacostia River. If approved, the Bridge Park will host array of programs, from an education center and performance space, to a cafe and water sport activity areas. Review the complete list of shortlisted teams, after the break...
- Wallace Roberts & Todd (WRT) / NEXT Architects
- Piet Oudolf with Glenn LaRue Smith/PUSH Studio / WXY architecture + urban design
- OLIN / OMA
- Workshop: Ken Smith Landscape / Davis Brody Bond
- Stoss Landscape Urbanism / Höweler + Yoon Architecture
- Balmori Associates / Cooper, Robertson & Partners