- Acoustic Design:China IPPR International Engineering Corporation
- Stage Facility:China PLA General Armament Department
- Architect In Charge:Kege Ling, Qi Xu
- Assisted By:Yin Qin, Ding Wu and Long Chen from Shanghai Zhongsen Architecture Design
- Interior Design:DSD, China Architecture Design & Research Group, Tsinghua Gongmei
- Interior Designer:Jianguo Wang, Ye Zhang
Text description provided by the architects. Bayuquan Baoli Theatre has 3 levels above the ground level. The main construction contains a large Dance Theatre which is specific for dancing and musical performaces with a capacity of 1600 people and a multi-functional theatre which can hold 800 people for drama play.
The dome of the main Dance Theatre was designed for both structural purpose and a special function. The steel-frame dome can be rotated, opened and closed to meet different performance requirements. The interior U-shape plan adopts the form of roman traditional theatre and the space is separated into 3 levels vertically. Sight analysis was carried out to allocate the seats in the theatre. To ensure best acoustic performance, the main source will be natural and each seat for audience takes up 7.7 m³(the total volume is 12300 m³). The reverberation time could be adjusted due to different performance requirements.