- Main Contractor:Daiya Engineering and Construction Pte Ltd
- M&E Consultant:PTA Consultants Pte Ltd
- Structural Engineer:MSE Engineering & Management Consultants
- Quantity Surveyor:Ian Chng Cost Consultants Pte Ltd
- Design Team:Ko Shiou Hee, Leong Lai Ping, Elita Ong, Huang Sijie
The Green House stands as a monolithic copper cube, quietly complementing its context – a lush park opposite the plot. From the outside, the house is a patina-aged copper clad cube with window openings and timber infill carved into the façade. The patina-aged copper cladding not only reflects the luscious greenery in the neighbourhood, but also allows the ‘Green Home’ to reduce energy consumption by acting as a heat barrier.
Spatial variation is created through the interplay of double volumes, curved ceiling and sculptured gardens. The design process of volumetric reduction of a nine-by-nine cube provides for cross ventilation and minimises the impact of the massing of the building with respect to the adjacent dwelling units. Both the living spaces and bedrooms enjoy a lush view of the park, bringing home closer to Nature.