- Construction Supervisor:Gabriele Pranzo-Zaccaria
- Assistant To Construction:Chiara Pranzo-Zaccaria
- Structural Engineering:Nicola Boreatti
- Volume:1,570 m3
- Client:MD Group
- Main Contractor:NICA costruzioni s.r.l.
- Architect In Charge:Gabriele Pranzo-Zaccaria
- Design Team:Gabriele Pranzo-Zaccaria, Luca Gobbo, Chiara Pranzo-Zaccaria
The building is located in Milan (Italy), inside the industrial Bovisa Quarter. Here new housing buildings coexist close to warehouses, gasometers, chimneys and workshops
The project concerns the residential transformation of a warehouse. The client, a real estate developer, required a young and up-to-date look for his new apartments. The design made by LPzR architects keeps the former building perimeter and adds a new livable floor. Four apartments are placed at the ground floor and four at the first floor.
The main building volume is a simple red parallelepiped. An apparently random pattern of windows is applied, generating dynamic effects on the main façade. The asymmetries of the solid white frames give the façade a unique three-dimensional look.