- Architects:FTL Design Engineering Studio - Nic Goldsmith. Matthew Hilyard, Amedeo Perlas, AmyPalmer, Ashish Soni
- Project Architects:Ruscitto/Latham/Blanton Architectura P.A; Nicholas Latham, Thadd Blanton, Michael Bulls ,Scott Heiner
- Interior Design:Frank Nicholson, Inc.
- Engineering Of Cable Net And Fabric:FTL Design Engineering Studio; Joe Schedlbauer, Mary Korotkova
- Structural Engineering:ES2Engineering; Dough Weber, Terrol Bateman
- Theatrical Design& Lighting:Auerbach Pollock & Friedlander; Steven Friedlander, Don Guyton
- Mechanical Engineering:Van Boerum & Frank Assoc., Inc.
- Electrical Engineering:Paul Stoops Associates
- Acoutical Engineering:Jaffee Holden Acoustics; Dr. J. Christopher Jaffe, Mary Cook, Mark Reber
- General Contractor:Intermountain Construction, Inc,Jeff Ogden, Derek Wright
- Budget:$30 Million USD
- City:Sun Valley
- Country:United States
Text description provided by the architects. The Seasonal Sun Valley Music pavilion, located on the south western end of the soccer field at the Sun Valley Resort is inspired by its natural setting and is destined to become a community gathering place for performance events.
The sky and mountain are captured by the free flowing roof, comprised of a seasonal luminous tensile membrane covering 1500 seats and a permanent steel cable net with wood shingled structure providing cover over stage and support facilities. Set into the surrounding landscape is an undulating park gently elevated like a natural amphitheatre, providing views of the surrounding mountains, for visitor to relax with a picnic basket and enjoy orchestral music.
As a technological and structural accomplishment, the facility demonstrates how permanent and seasonal structures can be integrated into one cohesive design with an ambiance that is at once an interior space and an outdoor room drenched in diffused sunlight. The Sun Valley Summer Symphony hosts its season at the facility along with other community and arts events, each with an intimate relationship to the stage, unobstructed sightlines and excellent sound quality.