The AIA Honor Award recipients for 2011 were announced this week and will be honored at the AIA 2011 National Convention in New Orleans. Recognizing excellence in architecture, interior architecture, and regional and urban design, 27 recipients were chosen from over 700 submissions.
Awarded buildings, including links to features on ArchDaily, can be found after the break.
2011 Institute Honor Awards for Architecture
2011 Institute Honor Awards for Interior Architecture
- The Academy of Music / KlingStubbins
- Alchemist / Rene Gonzalez Architect
- Armstrong Oil and Gas / Lake | Flato Architects
- Conga Room / Belzberg Architects
- FIDM San Diego Campus / Clive Wilkinson Architects
- John E. Jaqua Center for Student Athletes / ZGF Architects LLP
- Moving Picture Company / Patrick Tighe Architecture
- The Power House, Restoration and Renovation / Cannon Design
- Registrar Recorder County Clerk Elections Operations Center / Lehrer Architects
- Vancouver Convention Centre West / LMN Architects
- Washington Square Park Dental / Montalba Architects, Inc.
2011 Institute Honor Awards for Regional and Urban Design
- Beijing CBD East Expansion / Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Chicago Central Area DeCarbonization Plan / Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture
- Community | City: Between Building and Landscape Affordable Sustainable Infill for Smoketown, Kentucky / Marilys R. Nepomechie Architect and Marta Canaves Interior Design
- Gowanus Canal Sponge Park™ / dlandstudio llc
- Low Impact Development: a design manual for urban areas / University of Arkansas Community Design Center
- Townscaping an Automobile-Oriented Fabric: Farmington, Arkansas / University of Arkansas Community Design Center
2011 Twenty-five Year Award Recipient
- John Hancock Tower Boston / I.M. Pei & Partners