Solar facades from SolarLab invisibly integrate on-site energy production in the skin of the building and replaces both traditional facade cladding and unattractive rooftop PV installations. The custom-designed solar facades offer design freedom to select panelisation and mounting geometry as well as color, finish, and texture.
The refurbishment and energy renovation of the old dairy factory into modern shared offices was done by replacing the old polymer facade panels with custom solar facade panels of the same color to keep the identity of the original building. Due to the space constraints of the existing concrete structure, a very low build height mounting solution was developed that allowed for tool-free installation while at the same time creating sufficient ventilation to ensure a long operational life for the solar façade.
Features & Benefits
- Carbon-free on-site energy production
- Durable with a long operational life
- Low glare and self-cleaning
- Resilient electrical and monitoring system
- Panels level monitoring and rapid-shutdown protection
- Large format panels
- Customizable build-height
- Flat mounted and individually angled panels
- Cost-effective and income-generating
- Fully recyclable in existing industrial processes