Solar facades from SolarLab invisibly integrate on-site energy production in the skin of the building and replaces both traditional facade cladding and unattractive rooftop PV installations. The custom-designed solar facades offer design freedom to select panelisation and mounting geometry as well as color, finish, and texture.
The highly articulated solar facade for the Breidablikk Gården office building in Haugesund, uses solar shades and a rugged rainscreen that, in the rainy climate, improves solar harvesting along the east and west facades of the building. The iridescent coating takes full advantage of the articulation and provides a dynamic and lively contribution to the cityscape with its everchanging golden presence.
Features & Benefits
- Carbon-free on-site energy production
- Durable with a long operational life
- Low glare and self-cleaning
- Resilient electrical and monitoring system
- Panels level monitoring and rapid-shutdown protection
- Large format panels
- Customizable build-height
- Flat mounted and individually angled panels
- Cost-effective and income-generating
- Fully recyclable in existing industrial processes