ApplicationsCommercial, sports, educational, cultural, industrial, transportation
CharacteristicsStructural, glare-free, balanced daylighting, thermal performance, low maintenance, durable
CertificationNFRC Certified, OSHA Fall thru compliant, UL Listed, ICC-ES, CE, BS, contributes to LEED, BREEAM, GreenSpec listed
Kalwall is a translucent, structural sandwich panel which uses prismatic glass fibers embedded in the panels face sheets used for skylight systems. The glass prisms refract sunlight to provide a balanced, diffuse wash of glare-free light. Kalwall provides full-spectrum, natural visible light, without distorting color rendition.
During the manufacturing process, the translucent roof panels are fitted with translucent insulation to reduce solar heat gains. Kalwall handles extreme weather and is hurricane rated. Skylights are man-safe & OSHA fall through compliant.
- Glare-free, balanced daylighting
- Superior thermal performance
- Energy and electricity saving
- Low maintenance life cycle requirements
- Security through visual privacy
- Hurricane, explosion venting and blast rated options
Types of Skylight
- Kalwall S-line Skylights
For economical, easy-install top-lighting solutions, S-line skylights combine diffuse daylighting with a full range of thermal packages. Larger unit sizes also mean fewer roof penetrations, for daylighting bigger manufacturing spaces. The rugged units are vandal resistant and man-safe for maintenance crews, and particularly useful where extreme weather is a concern.
- Shatterproof FRP face sheets
- Factory-sealed aluminum
- Perimeter curb
- Can withstand Class A burning brand
- Kalwall Standard Pyramids
Pyramids bring loftiness to translucent structure design. Standard pitches of 27°, 33°, or 45° are designed for quick installation, and available in small quantities. For standard skylight order, U-value, standard curb size and finish color can be specified.
- Kalwall Geo-roofs
A clean design for easy curb installation and watertight seal. Lightweight units are rugged and tough, hurricane-rated and man-safe. Optional colored inserts are available for added interest.
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficients (SHGC) from 0.65 to 0.04
- U-factors range from 0.53 to 0.05 (3.01 to 0.28 W/m2K)
- Visible Light Transmission (VLT) Values from 3% to 50%
Please visit kalwall.com to all specifications, CAD details, BIM families and performance charts online.