UseExterior fenestration systems
Applications19th/20th-century renovation, residential, commercial, institutional
CharacteristicsAcoustic & thermal insulation, laser welded, invisible weld seams, customizable profile design, slender mullions
SizesLength: <15m (f9ft) | Depth: <500mm (20")
CertificationRecognized by Green Guide
OTTOSTUMM supplies components for steel fenestration systems. OS-TEC is a set of solutions developed for large steel-glass curtain walls. The range has sightlines of 50, 60 and 80 mm. The system can be connected to any type of steel mullion or transom and offers exceptional acoustic and thermal insulation.
OTTOSTUMM also offers free-form mullions and transoms for the customized steel façades. For architecturally exposed steel projects, laser-welded profiles are ideal because it is the only technology that allows unfolding custom design on steel, cor-ten steel or stainless steel curtain walls. Mullions of 15 m (49 ft) length and up to 500 mm (20”) depth can be specified. All profiles have sharp crisp corners, clean shadow lines and smooth almost invisible weld seams.
- Sharp crisp corners and clean shadow lines
- Custom lengths up to 15 m (49 ft)
- Profiles are available in steel, Cor-Ten steel, and stainless steel
- Massive steel webs and flanges for a high moment of inertia
- High flexibility on profile design
- Extremely slender steel mullions and transoms
- Wide range of square and angular glazing beads
- External add-on glazing system with sightlines of 50, 60 and 80 mm
- Design cover caps available in aluminum, stainless steel AISI 316, Cor-Ten steel and architectural bronze
The steel billets, rods and strips, from which OTTOSTUMM steel window profiles are formed, are smelted from almost 100% recycled steel scrap. At the end of their life, steel windows can be systematically dismantled and the frames, fittings, and glass recycled.