- Arquitectos Autores De La Obra: Blanca Sánchez, David de Cos, Giordano Baly, Javier Moreno, Miguel Velasco, Óscar Mínguez, Pablo Ortiz, Rodrigo Ruiz, Sergio Mota, Teresa Cruz
- Interior Design: Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos
- Ilumination: Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos, Philips
- Infographics: Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos
- Structural Engineering: Geoprin, MC2, Schlaich Bergermann and Partner, Wacker
- Facilities Engineering: Grupo JG
- Acoustic Engineering: Grupo DINAC
- Fire Protection: Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos
- Security And Health: Cemosa
- Urbanization: Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos
- Dirección De Obra: Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos
- Construction Control: DCS management
- Constructora: FCC
- Maquetas : Queipo Maquetas
- Ingeniería De Clima: JG Ingenieros
- City: Madrid
- Country: Spain
Text description provided by the architects. The new Club Atlético de Madrid Stadium, Wanda Metropolitano, is the result of the expansion of the old Athletics Stadium of the Community of Madrid, completed in 1994. The project consisted of building a football stadium capable of obtaining the highest qualification that allowed it to host European final competitions, and an approximate capacity of 70,000 spectators.
A double objective was achieved with this extension: on one hand, the recognizable image of the previous grandstand was not lost, and on the other, the extension formed a harmonious whole within the old project. The objective was to avoid the new building to be the sum of two different parts. On the contrary, it has sought to achieve a synthesis, a sum of both parts that together would represent the new image of Club Atlético de Madrid.
The use of concrete contributes to the uniformity and homogeneity sought, since it is not only responsible for bearing the structure of the stands, but also for its final appearance. The new stands use the same motif of the initial stand: the narrow horizontal gaps. On the bodies built in concrete, the roof, another great gesture that unifies the whole, and is responsable for the new image that was intended.