- Design Team:Chung-Tsai Huang, Chungwei Su, Sheng-Tien Yeh, Tien-Tso Huang, Steven B.J. Chen, Guan-Liang Liou, Chia-Ling Yang, Shu-Han Hsu, Yi-Sung Liu
- Structural Consultant:Team Engineering Consulting Ltd.
- Mep Consultant:C.H. Wu Consulting Engineers
- Interior Consultant:Weishih Hsieh Architect
- Client:Suang Lien Social Welfare Foundation
- General Contractor:UOBO Construction Co., Ltd.
- City:Xinzhuang District
- Country:Taiwan (ROC)
Text description provided by the architects. Located in a fast-growing residential area, the Xinzhuang Center, is an exemplar of community daycare for the elderly that provides health rehabilitation, daycare services, meal delivery, house visits and consultation by phone when required.
The first floor is a clinic for health rehabilitation, the second and third floors provide daycare services for the elderly along with a training center, and the fourth floor has a public dining room and kitchen.
The open-air terraces on the second and third floors feature therapeutic gardens, where people may sit and chat, or take a walk among lush greenery, or enjoy gardening using planters with open bottoms designed for wheelchair access.
Simulating the humble form of Jesus washing the feet of his disciples, the design employs a series of concrete bent plates at the north and east side of the building.
The bent plates and the sign of cross at the top of the elevator tower are painted white to contrast with the light grey pebble finished exterior walls behind.