Immerse yourself in the cultural and architectural heritage of Portugal and Northern Spain on a once-in-a-lifetime 17-day journey with Architectural Adventures. From historic Lisbon to vibrant Barcelona, visit and explore 14 cities and 6 UNESCO World Heritage Sites while enjoying world-class accommodations and fine regional dining. Sip Oporto’s famed port wine, see Santiago’s monumental cathedral, tour the Frank Gehry-designed Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, and see where the bulls run in Pamplona before traversing the breathtaking Pyrenees Mountains en route to Barcelona and the Mediterranean Sea.
Call now to book! 1.800.293.5725 (max. 24 guests)
- Visit Lisbon’s Jerónimos Monastery and Belém Tower, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Walk through the walled town of Óbidos and take in its medieval streets and squares.
- Tour Oporto, Portugal’s second largest city, and see its historic center proclaimed a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1996.
- See Santiago de Compostela’s iconic cathedral, featuring the silver crypt believed to hold the remains of St. James, one of Jesus’ apostles.
- In León, tour the thirteenth century León Cathedral and see Casa Botines, a Modernist building designed by Antoni Gaudí.
- Tour the cobbled streets of Bilbao’s medieval Old Town before visiting the world-renowned, Frank Gehry-designed Guggenheim Museum.
- Walk the storied streets of Guernica and Pamplona in the Spanish Pyrenees.
- Visit Antoni Gaudí’s most iconic works, Casa Milà and Sagrada Família, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Join a Modern architectural expert for a tour of Barcelona’s 22@ District, one of Europe’s biggest urban regeneration efforts featuring buildings by Jean Nouvel.
- Spend a day in the Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park, a 56,000 acre UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in the heart of the stunning Spanish Pyrenees Mountains.
- Visit a port lodge in Oporto for a tasting of the city’s famed fortified wine.
- Sample the Basque coast’s unique Txakoli wine and enjoy pintxos, the region’s signature tapas.
Throughout their seventeen-day journey in Portugal and Spain, Architectural Adventures travelers will stay in distinct 4 and 5-star hotels, all of which have been selected for their luxurious accommodations and close proximity to city centers and popular sites. These include both local pousadas (small, independently owned hotels) and historic paradors (government-operated hotels often converted from historic buildings like castles and monasteries).
- An experienced Tour Director, in addition to the Architectural Adventures Educational Expert
- Entrance fees for all included visits
- Private motorcoach transportation throughout the trip
- Gratuities for guides, bus drivers, porters, airport, hotel and restaurant staff
- Luggage handling for one bag per person
TitleArchitectural Adventures: Through Portugal and Northern Spain Architectural Tour
FromOctober 21, 2018 11:41 AM
UntilNovember 06, 2018 11:42 AM