- Project Managers : Davide Cerini, Lorenza Marenco, David Lopez Quincoces with Fabrizia Bazzana, Stefano Castelli, Chiara Rizzarda, Giovanni Giorgi, Michele Bertolini, Hitoshi Makino, Gianni Fiore, Alberto Massi Mauri, Alessandro Massi Mauri
- Visual Identity : Graph.x
- Local Architects Office : OIII Architecten
- Styling : Alexandra Van der Sande
- City : Amsterdam
- Country : The Netherlands
Text description provided by the architects. The Conservatorium is set within a former music conservatory, a century-old building, designed by Dutch architect Daniel Knuttel.
Lissoni embraced the hotel’s limitations, creatively crafting 129 guest rooms within the original footprint and giving each a unique layout.Working within strict preservation regulations, a 20-meter high glass atrium was built on the former patio.
On the ground floor the lobby and the brasserie are capped by a glass-and-steel roof: the light-filled atrium, Lissoni says, reimagines the classic English garden while tapping into “the double life of indoor-outdoor spaces.”
Much of the furniture is by Lissoni himself, mixed with masters of design pieces and objects trouvés. A sculptural steel staircase links the lobby with the rest of the hotel, creating a catwalk like transition.