- Partner In Charge:B. Vleurick
- Associates:Gh. André, S. Bessalah, B. Darras, Ph. Gaube, I. Hankart, P. Hendrix, Th. Henrard, A.S. Petit
- Construction Coordinator:JC Consulting
- Cost Control:FORUM
- Management:A. Charon
- Model:A.M.A., F. Van Hoye
- Botanical Artist:Patrick Blanc
- Glass Roofs:L'ATELIER DU VERRE
- Watertightness:MEULEMAN J-P
- Automatic Watering:AUTOMATIC SPRAYING SYSTEMS
- Installation Of Vegetal Wall:John Jacob sprl
Text description provided by the architects. This house for an artist includes the street level of an existing small house. It now houses the entry hall, a family room and a kitchen; the living-room and the stairway are in the extension to the building.
The second floor includes the master bedroom with its bathroom, as well as ve children’s rooms and sanitary installations. They are equipped with a mezzanine protected by textile netting that will lead to the glassed-wall facade.
The house presents curved and vegetalised facades that are very private and closed to the neighbours to the north, the east and the south. In contrast, the west facade is entirely glass-walled as if it were one huge partitioned window.
It is planned that Immense translucid white polyester curtains in widths of 1.6 m suspended from the top of the structure to the ground floor would run along this great « window » to ensure shade in the summer months.
Initially conceived as a wall of ivy with a patinated cop- per roof, the vegetalised facade is finally composed of a selection of exotic plants chosen by the botanical artist Patrick Blanc, and extends to cover the roof.
We had to design the structure, the insulation, and the water-tightness of the envelope and resolve the building physics issues in order to receive the necessary support systems, irrigation and fertilisation systems for the plants that are set into a felt support stapled to rigid PVC panels.