Discover the magniﬁcent architecture and rich cultural heritage of New Orleans on an exclusive, ﬁve day tour with Architectural Adventures. From the famous Creole Townhouses and Cottages in the French Quarter and the spectacular homes in the Garden District to post-Katrina sustainable neighborhoods and some of the most important contemporary structures in the city, experience the myriad of architectural gems of the Crescent City. Join our Architectural Adventures expert on this exclusive exploration of the past, present, and future of New Orleans.
- Admire New Orleans’ most cherished neighborhoods on walking tours of the French Quarter, Garden District, Central Business District, and University District;
- Experience an exclusive visit to the U.S. Custom House with its famed Marble Hall, one of the ﬁnest neoclassical rooms in the United States;
- Learn about the architectural design of the National WWII Museum buildings with the local architect;
- Visit Jackson Square and the signiﬁcant buildings that surround it: St. Louis Cathedral, the Cabildo, the Presbytère and the Pontalba buildings - one of the great urban ensembles in the country;
- Explore the Garden District “the ﬁrst American suburb” with its gracious villas set on quarter-square lots, surrounded by lush landscaping with architectural styles including Greek Revival, Italianate and Gothic Revival;
- See some of the most recent post-Katrina rebuilding projects throughout the city, residential as well as institutional.
Other event details:
- Max. 30 guests
- Led by John P. Klingman, Professor of Architecture
- Accommodations: The Whitney Hotel
Call now to book! 1.800.293.5725
Download the information related to this event here.
TitleNew Orleans Tour: A Unique Architectural and Cultural Journey to the Crescent City
FromOctober 22, 2017 01:48 PM
UntilOctober 27, 2017 01:48 PM
VenueNew Orleans, Louisiana