The Open International Urban Landscaping and Design Competition is a part of the “Moscow.Flowers.Sweets” Festival. Participants are offered to suggest solutions for landscape and floral compositions to improve Moscow urban spaces in the city centre and its outskirts.
Such a large-scale competition is held in Moscow for the first time. Moreover, for the first time in the history of international floral festivals, participants will be given the opportunity to work themselves on the real improvement of city sites, the creation of maximally comfortable urban environments and special rest and recreation zones.
The Competition’s organisers are guided by the traditions of top international floral festivals, such as the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, the Jersey Battle of Flowers, the Italian Genzano Infiorata, Flower Carpet Brussels, Bloemencorso Bollenstreek in Holland, and more.
Prizes of the Open International Urban Landscaping and Design Competition will be awarded in four categories:
- Architectural-landscaping objects of city development with implementation of 10 projects on 7 pedestrian streets and squares of Moscow: Rozhdestvenka, Kuznetsky Most, Arbat, Nikolskaya, Kamergersky, as well as Novopushkinsky Skver and Tverskaya Ploschad.
- Vertical floral compositions will be displayed by five installations on Stoleshnikov Pereulok.
- Thirteen designed flowerbeds on Nikolskaya street will be allocated to our flower compositions, with potted plant nomination.
- Amateur gardeners will compete at 10 special other venues further from the centre (10 flowerbeds at each venue).
After the end of the applications reception all the best projects will get into the shortlist. The implementation of competitive entries will occur between July 1st & August 4st. The winners of the competition in each nomination will be selected by jury, which includes leading Russian and world-class specialists of other nationalities in the field of landscaping architecture and design, floristics, as well as representatives of the competition the Government of the City of Moscow.
The public announcement of the competition’s results will take place on August 5th.
The winners will receive сash prizes from the sponsors:
- Grand Prix for Architectural and Landscape Improvement Objects": 85 000 USD;
- People’s Choice Award: 1,000,000 rubles;
- Winner of the Vertical Floral Composition nomination-: 200,000 rubles;
- Winner of the Flower Compositions with Potted Plants nomination: 300,000 rubles;
- 10 winners of the amateur nomination will receive 100,000 rubles each.
TitleMoscow Flower Streets: Open International Urban Landscaping and Design Competition
TypeCall for Submissions
Submission DeadlineJune 07, 2017 12:00 PM