Virtually unknown until just a few years ago, Hilma af Klint produced her first abstract paintings in 1906, years ahead of traditional abstract pioneers like Kandinsky and Mondrian. 110 years later, she is still waiting for her due recognition - and a home for her collection. A Temple for Hilma seeks to address this by asking participants to imagine an art museum dedicated to Hilma af Klint and her work.
Awards: £2,100 (GBP) total and various publications
Fee: Standard registration £50
- October 24th, 2016: Competition opens
- January 8th, 2017: Standard registration ends
- January 20th: Late registration ends
- January 22nd: Submission deadline
- March 5th: Winners announced
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleCall for Submissions: "A Temple for Hilma"
TypeCompetition Announcement (Ideas)
Registration Deadline20/01/2017 23:30
Submission Deadline22/01/2017 23:30