- Client:Answers in Genesis/Crosswater Canyon
- Destination Concepts & Development:Cary Summers & LeRoy Troyer
- Answers In Genesis :Patrick Marsh; Exhibits & Theming
- Carpentry Amish Carpentry Crews From:Amish Carpentry Crews from IN, OH, PA, IL, KY, TN, GA
- Project Mechanical/Electrical:Ron Troyer, P.E. (Troyer Group)
- Project Structural Engineer:Jason Hickle, P.E. (Troyer Group)
- Structural Consultant :Tamarack Grove Engineering (Bow and Stern of Ark)
- Colorado Timber Frame:Heavy timber milling
- Structural Wood Systems :Glulams
- Structural Wood Systems:Glulams
- Answers In Genesis:Exhibits & Theming
- Structural Consultant:Tamarack Grove Engineering (Bow and Stern of Ark)
- Country:United States
From the architect. The one-of-a-kind Ark Encounter project, said to be the largest timber-framed structure in the world, has been completed in Williamstown, KY (40 miles south of Cincinnati, OH).
A family-oriented, historically authentic, and environmentally friendly themed attraction, the Ark Encounter is a to-scale replica of the Biblical Noah’s Ark, which market studies suggest will see 1.2 – 2 million visitors annually. Phase 1 of the Ark Encounter also has a 1,500 person seat restaurant, zip line courses, and a petting zoo. The project began nearly 7 years ago with the planning and permitting process, now the Ark Encounter officially opened on July 7th, 2016.
The Noah’s Ark story is about a man with great faith who built a large ship to hold his family and 2 of every living animal species to spare them from a catastrophic flood. Today, the life-sized reconstruction is a design feat unlike any other structure, and is a park for all to visit.