- Client : Answers in Genesis/Crosswater Canyon
- Destination Concepts & Development : LeRoy Troyer, Cary Summers
- Answers In Genesis : Exhibits & Theming, Patrick Marsh
- Carpentry Amish Carpentry Crews From : Amish Carpentry Crews
- Project Mechanical/Electrical : Ron Troyer, P.E. (Troyer Group)
- Colorado Timber Frame : Heavy timber milling
- Roofing : TruCraft
- Structural Wood Systems : Glulams
- Mechanical/Electrical Project : Ron Troyer, P.E. (Troyer Group)
- City : Cincinnati
- Country : United States
From the architect. The one-of-a-kind Ark Encounter project, said to be the largest timber-framed structure in the world, has been completed in Williamstown, KY (40 miles south of Cincinnati, OH).
A family-oriented, historically authentic, and environmentally friendly themed attraction, the Ark Encounter is a to-scale replica of the Biblical Noah’s Ark, which market studies suggest will see 1.2 – 2 million visitors annually. Phase 1 of the Ark Encounter also has a 1,500 person seat restaurant, zip line courses, and a petting zoo. The project began nearly 7 years ago with the planning and permitting process, now the Ark Encounter officially opened on July 7th, 2016.
The Noah’s Ark story is about a man with great faith who built a large ship to hold his family and 2 of every living animal species to spare them from a catastrophic flood. Today, the life-sized reconstruction is a design feat unlike any other structure, and is a park for all to visit.