- Construction :Wooho Construction Co., Ltd
- Electric Engineer:LJ ENC
- Structural Engineer :In Structure Engineering
- Mechanical Engineer :Jung Ang EMC
- Site Area :144,916.30 sqm
- Gross Floor Area :1,249.31 sqm
- Building To Land Ratio :18.82 %
- Floor Area Ratio:66.23 %
- Building Scope :4F
- Client:Educational foundation Sung-ji School
- Design Team:No Jung-min, Ha Jeoung-un, Kim Dae-won, Yu Seong-cheol
- Construction:Wooho Construction Co.Ltd
- Structural Engineer:In Structure Engineering
- Mechanical Engineer:Jung Ang EMC
- Country:South Korea
Text description provided by the architects. Our senses open up when we sense a silence in a campus filled with sound, or when we feel darkness in a bright space. In this space time, a soundless force strongly gestures to us. Intension of the design for the BUFS(Busan University of Foreign Studies) Chapel is to create a silhouette towards the entire campus, which stands for the ideology of the school.
'One cross', ‘one silhouette', and 'one light' became the central concept to make this a one and only being. The one and only space creates new relationships by opening itself up to the surroundings. Although it is not located on the dead center of the campus, it is expected to be the center of one's heart as the light fills up the surrounding space, which brings a holy atmosphere.
The volume which reveals the energy of the mountain will become an object, which will emphasize the ideology. We revealed the structure through the materials of interior and the exterior and adapted the waffle slab structure in order to create space of 'the one'. We only allowed bricks-which covers the whole campus-, white walls, and the object to sit on the top of the forest hill. The bridge and the massive door become and object that symbolize the one, and offers the direction of the users.