Devnya Cement AD, a member of Italcementi Group, and Varna Design Forum invite all students of architecture and design, and all young professionals up to 35 years old from all over the world to participate in the international contest for conceptual design of a small trading pavilion, to be situated in the Seaside Park in the city of Varna. The goal is to enrich the urban design of Varna through the realization of a contemporary and inspiring concept for a trading pavilion constructed with the innovative materials of Italcementi Group. The contest will finish with the announcement of a winner selected by a five-member Jury Panel. The winner will be awarded with monetary prize, visit to the "i.lab" research center in Italy and realization of their project as a real-size prototype.
This is an international, single-stage, anonymous and charge-free contest opened to all university students and young professionals up to 35 years old from all over the world, working in the field of architecture and design. No professional experience or license to practice the profession is required.
Participants can be either individuals or teams; however, team members must meet the requirement of age appropriateness.
The participants present their own conceptual designs that must conform to the
assignment requirements. Neither participation fee, nor advance registration are needed. Participation is done through the sending of a project by the date specified in the schedule.
The aim of the "EFFIX PAVILION" International Contest is to stimulate the enrichment of the urban design in the Seaside Park of the city of Varna through the selection of a project that bears the universal values of the 21st century embodied in the "innovative material - innovative shape" relationship.
The specific goals of the contest include:
- To provide to the young architects, designers and students of architecture and design an opportunity for expression. Towards this aim, the contest does not pose a requirement for professional experience or holding of professional license;
- To promote the innovative products of Italcementi Group in acknowledgement of their contribution for the enrichment of the toolkit used for the creation of contemporary urban design;
- Global contribution to the creation of shapes intended for the urban environment.
- 15 May 2016 - Announcement of the Contest
- 15 July 2016 - Deadline for questions
- 04 August 2016 - Deadline for Project Submissions
- 15 August 2016 - Announcement of the winners
The Jury distinguishes three projects and awards one first and two second places as follows:
- First place: 3000 BGN (1500 Euro), visit to the “i.lab” research centre in Bergamo, Italy and realization of the project;
- Second place: 1000 BGN (500 Euro) and visit to the “i.lab” research centre in Bergamo, Italy.
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleOpen Call: EFFIX Pavilion
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Submission DeadlineAugust 04, 2016 08:00 PM
VenueThe Seaside Park of Varna