The Board of Directors of La Biennale di Venezia, upon recommendation from Alejandro Aravena, have announced the jury for the forthcoming Venice Biennale who will award the Golden Lion for Best National Participation, the Golden Lion for Best Participant in the International Exhibition Reporting From the Front, and the Silver Lion for a Promising Young Participant in the International Exhibition Reporting From the Front. They will also have the opportunity to award one special mention to National Participations and two special mentions to the participants in the International Exhibition.
Members of the jury include:
- Pippo Ciorra (Italy), architect, critic and professor at Scuola di Ateneo di Architettura e Design di Ascoli Piceno (University of Camerino) and Venice’s IUAV. He has been a curator of exhibitions both in Italy and abroad. Since 2009, he is Senior Curator for architecture at the MAXXI in Rome
- Sergio Fajardo (Colombia), professor of mathematics at the Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, former mayor of Medellín and governor of the department of Antioquia, recipient of the Americas Award for Excellence in Public Service in 2007
- Marisa Moreira Salles (Brazil), publisher, editor, book designer and entrepreneur in the field of technology, founder of Arq.Futuro, a think-tank on architecture and the future of cities
- Hashim Sarkis (Lebanon, USA), Dean of the School of Architecture and Planning at MIT, architect at Hashim Sarkis Studios, former Khan Professor of Landscape Architecture and Urbanism at the Harvard University Graduate School of Design (GSD)
- Karen Stein (USA), architectural advisor, Executive Director of the George Nelson Foundation, and faculty member of the Design Criticism program at the School of Visual Arts in New York