- Collaboration:Benno Wutzl (project supervision), Stefan Fussenegger (project supervision)
- Construction Management:SEG Stadterneuerungs- und Eigentumswohnungsgesellschaft m.b.H.
- Structural Engineer:KS Ingenieure
- Building Physics:Ingenieurbüro für Hnik, Hempel, Meler ZT GmbH
- Hvac Engineer:Ingenieurbüro Schulterer
- Electrical Engineer:TB Kubik-Project KG
- Plot Area:700 m2
- Built Up Area:340 m2
Text description provided by the architects. On a deep and narrow lot in Vienna’s 5th district, an urban void was closed by a two-tiered residential building.
Its de ning feature is a carefully proportioned concrete framework facade, with expansive floor-to- ceiling windows that let daylight enter deep into the building.
Along Stolberggasse, the street-side volume contains 14 apartments on eight floors of roughly square shape. Its courtyard-side counterpart houses a total of 13 apartments on seven floors. Both are crowned by fully glazed and setback top floors, which form the upper levels of an array of maisonette apartments.
In the yard between these two buildings, as well as behind the courtyard-side volume, gardens and playgrounds create a green archipelago in the urban fabric. Access is through a series of ground floor passageways, further articulating the transparent nature of the project.