CHART is a Nordic art and culture manifestation of the CHART ART FAIR, the leading art fair for contemporary art in the Nordic region. The aim is to build the strongest platform for showing, communicating, and integrating art and culture on an international level. Through creative alliances across art, design, gastronomy, music, performance and architecture, CHART has distinguished itself as an important platform and meeting place for art and culture in the Nordic region attracting 14,000 visitors in 2015. The 4th edition of CHART will take place at Kunsthal Charlottenborg, from Friday, August 26 to Sunday, August 28.
A priority of CHART Architecture is to promote young Nordic architects. Once again CHART invites teams of students and recent graduates to challenge the boundaries between art and architecture. The aim is to design and build both permanent and temporary pavilions in the baroque courtyard of Kunsthal Charlottenborg for use during and after the fair.
As a new concept for the 2016 competition, 2 pavilions will remain for one year in the courtyard while a number of the other pavilions will be traveling to be used in other contexts. The 2 remaining pavilions will be created in close collaboration with students from The Royal Academy of Fine Arts who are situated at Charlottenborg.
- Bjarke Ingels, architect and founder of BIG,
- Kristoffer Lindhardt Weiss, architect and philosopher,
- Dorte Foss, architect,
- Tom Emerson, architect and founder of 6a architects,
- Jamiee Williams, architect and artistic manager, CHART.
- The competition is created in partnership with FOSS and Københavns Kommune.
- Brief released - 12:00pm, Friday, April 8
- (Brief released for download on chartartfair.com)
- Submission - 12:00pm, Monday April 11
- (Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 6 winners are announced Friday, April 22
- 2 persons per team
- Open to masters students or those graduated within the last 3 years from The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Aarhus School of Architecture, LTH; Lund University and AHO; The Oslo School of Architecture and Design and Aalto University.
Available for construction and fair period: Monday, August 8 - Sunday, August 28. CHART ART FAIR - Friday, August 26 - Sunday, August 28.
TitleCall for Entries: 2016 Chart Architecture Competition
TypeCall for Submissions
Registration DeadlineApril 08, 2016 01:32 PM
Submission DeadlineApril 11, 2016 01:32 PM
PriceFree of charge