Imagine future cities full of gardens with flower carpets, full of playing children, humming bees and fluttering butterflies. Gardens that help to create a healthy environment, cool cities, collect rainwater and are adapted to the local climate.
To make this come true, we invite students to design an exhibition garden for the EXPO 2016 in Antalya, Turkey. We challenge bachelor, master and doctoral studentsto come forwardwith innovative and holistic design proposals for gardens that:
- Make use of new flower design concepts;
- Show how gardens and landscapes can be especially attractive, instructive and functional for children;
- Show how gardens can contribute to a higher biodiversity;
- Explain landscape design principles that contribute to greener cities; and
- Present innovative concepts of hard landscaping and planting design that are more sustainable in the Mediterranean context.
Participants are invited to interpret these themes and develop design solutions that integrate these themes and make them understandable and presentable to the public at large.
The competition is open to all students of landscape architecture, garden design, landscape planning, architecture, and land art. Levels of study may be Bachelor, Master or PhD.
Download the information related to this competition here.
Title"Flower of Life" International Student Competition for Garden Design
Registration Deadline15/12/2015 00:00
Submission Deadline08/01/2016 00:00