- Architect In Charge:Jyrki Tasa, Pirjo Soininen, Eeva-Liisa Elo-Lehtinen, Sami Vikström
- Other Team Members:arkkitehti SAFA, Teemu Tuomi, Selina Anttinen, Jussi Kalliopuska
- Competition Team:arkkitehti SAFA, Jyrki Tasa, Jussi Kalliopuska, Pirjo Soininen, Teemu Tuomi, Vesa Oiva
- Landscaping:Petri Eurasto, Geo-Juva Oy
- Developer Consultant:Petteri Karling, Lasse Vanhanen, Matti Huokuna, Geo-Juva Oy, YIT
- Electrical, Air, Plumbing:YIT
Text description provided by the architects. The design of the area is based on an invited architectural competition held in 2002. Construction of the area began in 2007and its first stage completed in autumn 2008.
Central themes of the proposal were extending the genius loci of the east Lauttasaari port area and the grouping the new buildings, so that as many as possible apartments will have a sea view and at the same time a favorable positioning towards the sun. Another important aspect was to not to block the sea views of existing neighboring houses.
The design uses elongated building masses, whichare perpendicular to the shoreline. At the shore the buildings are low and extend on columns over the surface of the sea. Further away from the waterfront the numbers of the storeys grow incrementally.
The area is divided into zones parallel to the shore: a public pier and pedestrian zone, green yard zone, a free-form street yard and furthest away garages and adjoining street region. The facades are mainly of white plaster and copper. Wood has been used in the rear walls and ceilings of the balconies and overhead projections.
Housing design has focused on the flexible floor plans in addition to lightness, airiness and views. Large balconies and roof terraces will contribute to improving the opportunities to enjoy the area's unique situation. Garage is located below the yard. Parking space is available for 272cars. The total area of floor-space is 25 820m².