The Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts (IKSV) is hosting an open call for proposals for the Pavilion of Turkey's exhibition at the 2016 Venice Biennale. The call is open to all people and institutions of relevant fields, including architects, designers, artists, historians, curators, theoreticians and critics.
This will be the second time that Turkey will have a pavilion at Arsenale – one of the exhibition's two main venues - and a rigorous two-stage process will decide the exhibit for 2016. The first stage requires a conceptual framework, while the second will evaluate method, curatorial team, publications and budget. Each proposal is expected to incite contemporary discourse on or beyond architecture using multi-disciplinary practices.
The selection committee will consist of the following members:
- Prof. Dr. Sibel Bozdogan (Kadir Has University, Faculty of Art and Design, Head of Architecture Department; Harvard Graduate School of Design, Lecturer)
- Levent Calikoglu (Director of Istanbul Modern Museum)
- Prof. Dr. Arzu Erdem (Abdullah Gül University, Dean of Faculty of Architecture)
- Prof. Dr. Murat Güvenc (Kadir Has University, Director of Istanbul Studies Centre; Kadir Has University, Faculty of Economic Administrative and Social Sciences, Political Science and Public Administration Lecturer)
- Yesim Hatirli (Founding Partner in Hatirli Architecture Co.Ltd; Member of Turkish Association of Architects in Private Practice, (TSMD); Middle East Technical University, Department of Architecture, Visiting Lecturer)
- Prof. Dr. Süha Ozkan (Founding President of International Union of Architects)
- Prof. Dr. Ugur Tanyeli (Bilgi University, Dean of Faculty of Architecture)
TitleOpen Call: Exhibition Proposals for Turkey's Pavilion at the 2016 Venice Biennale
Registration Deadline28/10/2015 18:00
Submission Deadline28/10/2015 18:00
AddressArsenale, Calle Forni, 30132 Venezia, Italy