- Collaborators:Ingmar Menzer, Harald Baumann, Alexander Bender, Daniela Dangelmaier, Markus Guhl, Kristina Herberg, Jan Klein, Larissa Schuster
- Structural Engineer:wh-p. Beratende Ingenieure VBI
- Construction Management:Guggenberger + Ott Architekten GmbH
- Scheduling:GUS Architekten Ingenieure
- Building Physics:IFB Wolfgang Sorge Ingenieurbüro für Bauphysik GmbH
- Guidance System:L2M3 communication design
- Construction Costs:ca. 45 Mio. €
Text description provided by the architects. The school center in Heilbronner Straße is located close to the famous Weißenhof Estate in Stuttgart. The school ensemble comprises the Werner-Siemens School and the Stuttgart-Nord Business School, both were originally built in two phases of construction from 1978 to 1982 – and have not been substantially modernized ever since.
The existing layouts of the floor plans did not enable contemporary learning and training concepts to be put into practice.
The goal of the design has been therefore a comprehensive restructuring of the entire ensemble, with its two schools, into a modern school center in terms of both its architecture and its organization.
The outer form of the building, which, with its landscaped roof areas and terraces, is embedded in the delightful vegetation-covered hillside, has been changed only slightly. The existing means of access were also retained.