Ten finalist have been shortlisted as part of an open, two-stage competition set to redesign the Kaban lake system embankments in Kazan. Held under the authority of the Republic of Tatarstan Government, the competition will now ask the remaining teams to work on other town-planning projects in the Republic of Tatarstan held within the three context of the Water-Conservation Zones Year - in Kazan, Naberezhnye Chelny, Nizhnekamsk, Almetyevsk and other cities. Visiting sessions with the President of the Republic will be organized to introduce the context of the competition to the finalists.
The Winner will receive one million Rubles and a contract for the design project development of the future embankment.
The 10 remaining finalists are...
- Meganom + Off-the-grid (Russia, Moscow – France, Paris)
- Turenscape + MAP architects (China, Beijing – Russia, Moscow)
- AB «Rozhdestvenka» + Debarre Duplantiers (Russia, Moscow – France, Paris)
- TM + Stefano Boeri Architetti (Russia, Samara – Italy, Milan)
- Groundlab + KB23 (United Kingdom, London – Russia, Moscow)
- FORM + Burgos & Garrido (Russia, Moscow – Spain, Madrid)
- SVESMI / JUURLINK [+] GELUK / OLGA VALCHUK / BANANA TRENDS / YULIA BICHKOVA + ANTON KOCHURKIN (the Netherlands, Rotterdam - Russia, Moscow)
- Ecosistema Urbano (Spain, Madrid – Russia, Kazan)
- KCAP & SPNVK (the Netherlands, Rotterdam – Russia, Kazan)
- Arches Associati + Novikov's Archipractice (Italy, Florence – Russia, Kazan)
The jury panel of the competition consists of key representatives of the government of the Republic of Tatarstan as well as leading Russian and Moscow architects, urban planning experts, landscape architects and experts in the field of cultural programming of the environment. The Jury Chairman is the mayor of Kazan, Ilsur Metshin.