The Gui’an New District, the eighth National New Districts in China, is located between Guiyang City and Anshun City, Guizhou Province with a planned area of 1,795 km2. The District, committed to the goal of “creating a city with pastoral landscapes”, will be built into a new leading area in inland economic development, a pilot area for innovation and development, an agglomeration of high-end service industries, an international area for leisure, vacation and tourism and a leading area for the construction of ecological civilization. The planning of a comprehensive high-speed railway transportation hub and CBD in central Gui’an New District strives to build it into an important transportation hub and central business district. The Management Committee of Guizhou Guian New District and the Planning and Construction Bureau of The Management Committee of Guizhou Guian New District hereby publicly call for the proposals for the planning of such a transportation hub and CBD as required, sincerely inviting the participation of experienced and qualified design agencies worldwide.
Registration deadline for international teams is on July 10th, 2015. More details below:
I．Review of the Project
As it is planned, the Gui’an comprehensive high-speed railway transportation hub and CBD covers an area of 464 hectares. It is located in central Guian New District, with Baimazhong Road being its east border, Qingyang Road being the west border, Central Road being the south border and Tianhetan Road being its north border. For more information, please see Fig. 1.
The District, supported by Gui’an High-speed Railway Station and focusing on the transportation hub, will gradually develop its functions of modern cities, including finance, commerce, commercial office, leisure and tourism; and will establish an efficient, ecological high-end service center with a leading status in the world; it will highlight the development of modern service industries which mainly include finance, commercial exhibition, information service, research on and development of science and education , high-end housing project and ecological tourism. The district near the high-speed railway station will be built into a transportation center connecting people and merchandises, a center featuring various achievements in economic and social development and a open area for modernization and urbanization. The CBD will become a vigorous and low-carbon CBD with local characteristics of Gui’an.
IV．Contents of Planning
This planning includes two aspects: a detailed urban planning for the whole District and a detailed planning for constructional purposes in key areas of the District. Content of Planning: this planning is divided into two stages: Stage 1 focuses on the collecting of the proposals for the urban planning for the 464 hectares of the whole District and the detailed planning for constructional purposes in the 152 hectares of key areas within the mentioned 464 hectares; Stage 2 focuses on the refining of the planning, during which the winning design agency will be responsible for the refining of the selected proposal.
V．Method for Proposal Collecting
(I) Forms of Proposal Collecting
1. This Call for Proposals is publicly open to both domestic and international design agencies. The organizer will accept the applications from domestic and international agencies since the issuing of the Call for Proposals.
2. The organizer will conduct prequalification for the applying design agencies and make a comprehensive comparison and selection among the applicants in terms of their general performances; qualifications of the project leaders, team strength and other related information. It will formally select 6 design agencies as the invited designers and issue formal invitation letters to them while giving no additional notice to those that fail to be selected.
3. The design agencies invited should submit their confirmation letters to the organizer by fax within agreed period after receiving the invitation letter.
4. After the organizer reviews design proposals of the six invited design agencies, the first prize winning design agency will move into stage 2 during which it will refine the urban planning for the whole District and the detailed planning for constructional purposes in the key areas.
(II) Qualifications of Applicants (application documents need to show Proof of Qualification according to the following conditions):
1. Being an independent legal entity.
2. The design units should have the following qualifications: domestic design should have Grade A Certificate of Urban and Rural Planning issued by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development (within period of validity) and Grade A Certificate of Architectural Design Profession, and should be relatively reputable in China, and should have the successful experience of designing similar projects.
3. Foreign design agencies should be legally operating within territory of the People's Republic of China and be famous internationally and led by world-famous designers and have successful experience of designing projects of similar or larger scale. Priority will be given to those that have design experience in similar urban planning or design (such agencies should provide relevant winning bidder notifications or contract photocopies of the contracts under official seal).
4. The will-be project leader of the bidding design agency from China should be qualified Certified Urban Planner or national Class Ⅰ National Certified Architect, and should have the experience of leading at least 2 urban design projects of similar scale and the same type.
5. The will-be Project leader of foreign bidding design agency should have the experience of leading at least 2 urban design projects of similar scale and of the same type.
6. The Project accepts the joint design proposal by two design agencies. The agencies applying in the name of joint design agencies should submit the “Joint Designing Agreement” signed by all joint designers.
7. Qualifications of Project Members The Project members should include technicians with medium-grade professional title or higher in the profession of architecture, planning, transportation, municipal administration and landscape architecture, as well as professionals involving urban development and operation. (Relevant professional certificates should be provided.)
VI. Procedures of Collecting
(I) Application Application will be allowed since the issuing of the Call for Proposals. Design agencies interested may submit their application documents to Guizhou Zhengjia Tendering Co., Ltd. according to the requirements listed in the Call for Proposals (one electronic application by email and one paper application by mail are required, and the expiration should be subject to delivery time of the paper document). Application will be expired by 17:00, July 7, 2015 (The application of foreign design agency will be expired by 17:00, July 10, 2015), and application overdue will not be accepted.
Address: Langui Hotel Forth Floor at Guizhou Gym Zunyi Road 318 Guiyang City, Guizhou Province.
Postal code: 550000
Contact person: Tian Juan
(II) Prequalification With comprehensive comparison, the 6 design agencies will be selected and enter next stage of design.
(III) Award setting Three design agencies will be selected and awarded as follows: (1) The First-Prize Winner will be awarded RMB 1,500,000; (2) The Second Prize Winner will be awarded RMB 1,000,000; (3) The Third Prize Winner will be awarded RMB 800,000. For design proposals not awarded but meeting the requirements of the specialist reviews, foreign design agencies will be compensated for RMB 300,000 in a lump sum while Chinese design agencies will be compensated for RMB 200,000 in a lump sum. The First Prize Winner will move into the next stage and refine the design proposal (Specific requirements are to be finalized upon completion of the first round of design), and the expected expense is RMB 2,000,000. Notice: All bonuses listed are pre-tax amounts.
1. Only the Sponsor should be entitled to the award-winning works. The design agency should ensure that the final design results submitted by them be complete, true and valid, and that the results delivered do not infringe any legal interest of a third person. When Party A accepts the design results delivered by design units, any right generated and related to the results including intellectual property should be owned by Party A.
2. The bidding works should be attached with pictures and words for reference. The Sponsor has the right to select information from the award-winning works for the purpose of refining the design in next stage. The award-winners should be obliged to cooperate with the Sponsor on issues related to the refinements in next stage.
TitleCall for Proposals: High-speed Railway Transportation Hub and CBD in Central Gui’an New District, China
OrganizersPlanning and Construction Bureau of The Management Committee of Guizhou Guian New District, Planning and Construction Bureau of The Management Committee of Guizhou Guian New District
Registration Deadline10/07/2015 17:00
Submission Deadline10/07/2015 17:00
3. The interpretation of this Call for Proposal is reserved to the Planning and Construction Bureau of Management Committee of Guizhou Gui’an New District. In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.