- Research On The Politics Of Water:Iván López Munuera
- Research On Urban Infrastructures And Water In New York:Esteban de Guido de Backer
- Structure Engineering:BAC Engeneering and Consultancy Group / Xavier Aguiló i Aran, Rodrigo Martín, Jaume Vallès, Hugo Díez
- Ecosystem Design:Asepma / Jochen Scheerer
- Hydraulic Engineering:Arup, ARUP / Sebastian Lopez, David Dubrow
- Electrical Engineering:Arup, ARUP / Michael Incontrera
- Lighting Engineering:Antonia Peón-Veiga
- Nyu Department Of Interaction Science:Arlen Bitsky, Ernie Gerardo, Hovsep Agop, Oskar Noam, Anneka Goss, Charles Deluga, Omayeli Arenyeka, Leslie Martinez, Sriya Sarkar, Nadia Palachkina, Dana Karwas
- Models, Web Platform And App:Miguel Mesa del Castillo, Joaquín García Vincente, Anna Melgarejo, Tatiana Poggi, FABLAB, PROYECTOS ARQUITECTÓNICOS, UNIVERSIDAD DE ALICANTE, AD HOC
- Audiovisuals:Bollería Industrial / Paula Currás, Ana Olmedo, Eugenio Fernández Sánchez, Enrique Ventosa
- Voice Artist:Lee Buckley
- Nyc Department Of Environmetal Protection:Corinne Martin, Kim Estes-Fradis
- Ecosystemic Production:Michelles Hofet, Abreu Lucas, Rennie Lauren Jones, J. P. Buonocore, Yoonseok Lee, Michelle Ida Kleinman, Yannan Chen, Jiaying Fan, Dihua Yan
- Botanical Advise:Queens Botanical Garden / Rebecca Wolf
- Gardens And Ecosystems:Balmori Associates, Camilla Hammer, GRNASFCK, Julia Frederick, Patio Interior and Marc Pascal, Regina Galvanduque and Andrés Mier y Terán, wHY, Paula Livingstone, Sofia Armanet, Verdant Gardens
- Advise:Storefront for Art and Architecture, Pepe Cobo Gallery, Queens Botanical Garden
- Architects In Charge:Andrés Jaque, Patrick Craine, Jocelyn Froimovich, Roberto González García
- Design Team:Laura Mora, Sebastian Bech-Ravn, Yannan Chen, Ilgaz Kayaalp, Nicolò Lawanski, Jorge López Conde, Senne Meesters, Jorge Noguera Facuseh, James Quick, Jarča Slamova
- Country:United States
Text description provided by the architects. More than 2 billion gallons of water circulate everyday beneath New York City. COSMO is a movable artifact, made out of customized irrigation components, to make visible and enjoyable the so-far hidden urbanism of pipes we live by. An assemblage of ecosystems, based on advanced environmental design, engineered to filter and purify 3.000 gallons of water; eliminating suspended particles and nitrates, balancing the PH, and increasing the level of dissolved oxygen.
The United Nations estimates that by 2025 two thirds of the global population will live in countries that lack sufficient water. COSMO is designed as both an offline and an online prototype. Its purpose it to trigger awareness, and to be easily reproduced all around the world, giving people access to drinking water, and to a dialogue about it.
But above all, COSMO is a party-artifact that moves to go there wherever the party happens. It is a device meant to gather people together, as pleasant and climatically comfortable as a garden and at the same time as visually rich as a mirrored disco ball. As a result of a complex biochemical design, its stretched-out plastic mesh glows automatically whenever its water has been purified. With COSMO, the party is literally lit up every time the environment is being protected.