- Coordenator : Tiago Figueiredo
- Collaborators : Elisa Lindade, Ana Rita Alves, Ana Fortuna, Tiago Coelho, João Pedro Mendes, Patrícia Sobral, Ricardo Prata, Pedro Oliveira, Isabel Neves, Diogo Guimarães, Cláudia Romão, Jorge Domingues, Junko Imamura, Marta Pinho
- Strutural Consultants : A2P – Estudos e Projectos, Ltda.
- Client : EGI – Entreposto Gestão Imobiliária S.A.
- Project : December 2006 – May 2009
- Site Area : 10.992m2
- Architect In Charge : Eduardo Souto de Moura
- City : Tavira
- Country : Portugal
Text description provided by the architects. The Patrimony is not a special type of project, it only needs an extra 20% of fees, as the framework is already there. It does not need “intensive care”, it only needs other types of care, as each situation is a situation, which means a house.
This is not a problem for political parties, as they all seem to say the same, from left to right wing: “To defend the Patrimony …, defend the Patrimony …”. Nor it is a source for expenditure, a nuisance, an obstacle, because if it were, it surely would not be Patrimony.
The Bernardas Convent was a Monastery, a Factory, and now is an available ruin. Usually these “stones” are associated to programs like hostels, hotels, museums, cultural centers …; but there is not enough culture for so many available objects. This time we made it differently …, and why not make houses?