- Design Team:Wim Eckert, Piet Eckert, Samuel Benz, Stefan Bernoulli
- General Contractor:HRS Hauser Rutishauser Suter AG, Zurich
- Construction Management:Ruoss & Witzig, Zurich
- Structural Engineer:STB Schnyder + Tobler Bauingenieure GmbH, Zurich
- Landscape Architect:Müller Illien Landschaftsarchitekten GmbH, Zurich
- Façade Engineering:GKP Fassadentechnik AG, Aadorf
- Building Physics:Leuthardt + Mäder, Brüttisellen
Text description provided by the architects. A house with two components of spaces; chambers and voids. The chambers fulfill precisely identified purposes, the voids can anticipate to all the rest yet to come: the chambers are conceived for individual family members, the void to meet and be together.
The house is a free standing volume on a long subtle slope, slightly rotated in plan. Its inclined roof, approx. parallel to the ground, puts the building in relation to the existing types of country houses. The fades underline the volumetric appearance of the void, acting as eyes and observing the beauty of the landscape.
The entry hall, the garden access, the dining area, and the family den form the key activities within the void. A sculptural staircase and a double height space mark the center and receive natural light through a large skylight.
Since the chambers maintain their diverse and personal atmosphere, the voids are kept homogeneously with continuous materials.