- Architect : Jager Janssen architecten BNA
- Design Team : Alex Jager, Rogier Janssen, Sanne Braakenburg
- Client : Michel Dijk, Karin Berrelkamp
- Contractor : Marcel van der Sluis
- City : Blauwestad
- Country : The Netherlands
Text description provided by the architects. A nice house with a steel skin. You can also see it on 3D over Google Maps.
House Dijk - Make Room!
The facades and the roof of this dwelling comprise one entity. The skin, consisting of anthracite-coloured corrugated sheets, is open in strategic places in order to let the environment in. Maximizing this effect, the entire dwelling is positioned one meter above ground level, resulting on a spacious lower ground floor.
The exterior of the dwelling looks rather solid and closed. The interior experience is one of beautiful spatial impressions.
A smart system based on just a few composition rules creates a seemingly irregular pattern of wooden boards.