ArchDaily has teamed up with Building Pictures, Filipa Figueira and Tiago Vieira to feature weekly episodes of their video series “Arquitectura à Moda do Porto,” which highlights Porto’s most significant buildings over the last two decades.
The series launched in 2013 and is composed of 10 episodes, each focusing on a different theme: light, stairs, balconies, nature, textures, doors, windows, skylights, pavements and structures.
EPISODE 9 - PAVEMENTS
Step by step we walk on the hard granite blocks, slabs and pebbles of Siza’s FAUP, Serralves Foundation and Avenida dos Aliados as well as Barbosa & Guimarães' Viela do Anjo. From the soft pink stone of João Carreira’s Teatro de S. João and the grey stone and soft green grass of Eduardo Souto de Moura’s Trindade Metro Station, we jump over to the hard red brick of José Manuel Soares’ Porto Planetarium. At the end, we walk away from the sea at Manuel de Solá-Morales’ Passeio Atlântico and towards the mixture of steel, glass, ceramic and travertine pavements at OMA’s Casa da Música.
- Production: Building Pictures, Filipa Figueira Arquitectura and Tiago Vieira Arquitecto
- Direction: Building Pictures
- Photo Direction: Building Pictures
- Post-Production: Building Pictures
- Music: Creative Commons –MacLeod –Monkeys Spinning Monkeys
- 2014| 1’12" | 16:9
- Episode 09 - Pavements
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Year: 2014