- Civil Engineer:T6-Ney & Partners s.à.r.l.
- Technical Engineer:Jean Schmit Engineering s.à.r.l.
- Landscape Architect :Areal Landscape architects
- Coordinator Pilot :HBH S.A.
- Coordination Security Health :Fernand Greisen
- Blower Door :Hubert Schmitz
- Test Energy Consultant :Eböck
- Commodo Incommodo:Jean Schmit Engineering s.à.r.l.
- Soil Investigation:Geotec s.à.r.l.
- Analysis Asbestos Presence:Ingenieurgruppe RUK
- Cost:5.251.245,80 -€
Text description provided by the architects. Next to the elementary school in the Pfaffenthal neighborhood, rue Vauban, the “Centre du Mouvement Écologique” (Ecological Center), known as the “MECO”, was in dilapidated structures, worth of no interest, neither as built heritage, nor as architectural component of urban fabric.
That old structure, having serious problems with stability, moisture and useful surface capacity, has been replaced by a new construction, exemplary for its answers to concerns and questions raised by sustainable development.
Therefore, the decision was made to erect a structure, abiding by environmental and energy values required for the environment. The new building of the “Centre du Mouvement Écologique” meets the energy criteria of a mixed-use building known as “passive”.
The selection of building materials, the construction itself, the techniques and facilities set up take into account a series of parameters developed in paragraphs relating to environmentalism, energy, stability and outdoor design.
This new construction, almost entirely made of solid wood, which only resorts to armored concrete techniques where strictly necessary (escape stairwells and subsurface premises) or to steel construction for long spans, is a pilot project for administrative buildings.
Varied from one floor to the other, the complex organization of the “Centre du Mouvement écologique” gets collected into a sober construction of free and flexible platforms (open space). Each space is partitioned and fitted according to the specific needs of the various departments and positions to be hosted.