We teamed up with Building Pictures, Filipa Figueira and Tiago Vieira to feature weekly episodes of their video series “Arquitectura à Moda do Porto,” which highlights Porto’s most significant buildings over the last 20 years.
The series is comprised of 10 episodes, each focusing on a different theme: light, stairs, balconies, nature, textures, doors, windows, skylights, pavements and structures.
EPISODE 3 - BALCONIES
Who knew that by stepping out onto the balcony of Siza’s SAAL Bouça Housing we would reach Sidónio Pardal’s City Park? Standing on the balconies of Aires Mateus’ Hard Club, Virgínio Moutinho’s Lada Ateliers for Artists and OMA’s Casa da Música, we overlook the entire city, all the way to Balonas e Menano Architect’s Passeio dos Clérigos. In the distance, we glimpse Siza’s Serralves Foundation and FAUP. In the end, we’re back at the starting point.
- Production: Building Pictures, Filipa Figueira Arquitectura and Tiago Vieira Arquitecto
- Direction: Building Pictures
- Photo Direction: Building Pictures
- Post-Production: Building Pictures
- Music: Creative Commons – Dragon’s Lair – Thiaz Itch
- 2014| 1’04" | 16:9
- Episode 03 - Balconies
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Year: 2014