- Architect Of Record:William Kirsch & Associates
- Construction Manager:Hayden Collective
- Mep Engineer:Sustainable Design and Project Management
- Structural Engineer:Andersson Woodrow Structural & Architectural Engineering
- Civil Engineer:AYS Engineering Group, Inc.
- Land Surveyor:L.A. Stevens and Associates, Inc.
- City:Stinson Beach
- Country:United States
Text description provided by the architects. This residence is situated along the mountainous coastline north of San Francisco and sited to take advantage of spectacular views towards the Pacific Ocean and surrounding state park.
Responding to natural topography and strict height limitations, the design features a series of one-story volumes that step up the mountainside. At the highest point the first story recedes into the hillside, reducing the scale of the building while providing for a second story master suite with expansive views.
Organized about a central courtyard, the home is reminiscent of a small clustered village. The courtyard divides the residence into two sections; one for the family; one a guest wing and pool house. The use of large operable windows, integral outdoor spaces, and indigenous plants diminish the boundary between interior and exterior spaces. Zinc, and copper panels on the exterior identify spatial functions within the residence and blend into the natural environment.