- Full Service General Contractor:Allreal Generalunternehmung AG, Zurich
- Structural Engineers:Jauslin + Stebler Ingenieure Ag
- Electrical Planning:Herzog Kull Group Zürich Ag
- Building Services:Brunner Haustechnik Ag
- Building Physics And Acoustics:Basler & Hofmann Ag
- Facade Planning:Buri Müller Partner Gmbh
- Fire Protection:Braun Brandsicherheit Ag
- Main Tenant:Upc cablecom
- Other Tenants:Nooch Asian Kitchen SAHAR Coffee Curry Culture Spatz Camping & Outdoor AG Coop Genossenschaft
- Design Team:Helene Bihlmaier, Merry Classen, Anne Gramatzki, Max Nalleweg, Luca Pessina, Tobias Schaer, Helga Schützeichel, Markus Weissenmayer, Pascal Glatz, Fabrice Passaplan, Franz Staeudinger, Larisa-Maria Vranceanu, Antonia Weyermann
- Project Managers:Eva Hepke Claudio Pasquini, Nicole Gamisch
Text description provided by the architects. Richtiring office building by Max dudler completes the new Richti city district. The handover of the richtiring office building by Max dudler in october was the final step in completing the richtiareal site in wallisellen. The new building has the dimensions of a small city block, its design incorporating the classic elements of european urbanism. Thus it supports the intentions of vittorio Magnago lampugnani’s master plan, after which the 72,000 square metre site was designed on behalf of the allreal holding.
The district’s urban character is groundbreaking for the formerly more village-like Wallisellen. Following the example of major cities such as Berlin, Paris or Milan, the perimeter block development creates city spaces with classic courtyards, alleys, arcades, and squares. The new residential, office, and commercial spaces are situated within the Zurich periphery like on an urban island.
The section realised by Max Dudler is located on construction site VI on the newly created Richtiplatz square, which forms the heart of the district both socially and by its situation. Towards the district’s slightly offset main street, the Richtiarkade, Max Dudler designed an arcade that provides a covered footpath between the district’s entrances. The block’s south side is across from the existing Glatt shopping centre on Neue Winterthurerstrasse. The six-storey office building offers space for around 1,400 desks. The ground floor contains commercial and restaurant spaces as well as 199 parking spaces in the two basement floors. A co- vered courtyard with commercial spaces illuminated through skylights is enclosed in the block.
The building’s facade is structured by means of subtle design elements and in the classic manner of base, middle, and set back top floor. The arcade along Richtiplatz and Richtiarkade emphasises the character of the base and supports the public uses situ- ated on the ground floor. Vertical columns, horizontal beams, and deeply set large-format square windows give the large facades an even structure. The elegant facade relief’s plasticity and rhythm are emphasised by its colour and material – high-pressure tre- ated natural stone slabs of Cape Green Granite and bronze window frames. The irregular cut of the building’s basic shape gives the low-key, almost abstract design a special expression. With external single glazing and internal triple glazing (Closed Cavity Facade), the building’s windows provide the interior with excellent protection against heat and sunshine. To prevent condensate forming on the windows, the facade cavity is periodically flushed with purified, dry air.
The office spaces are organised around a classic triangle. The building’s entrances allow for a very flexible arrangement and par- tition of spaces for several different tenants if need be. The spaces are currently occupied by upc cablecom, the largest cable network operator of Switzerland.