- Associate Architect:Luc Bouliane Architect Inc.
- Base Building Architect:Jedd Jones Architect Inc.
- Project Team:Stephen Teeple, Richard Lai, Tanya Cazzin, Lang Cheng, Ingmar Mak, Luc Bouliane, Natasha Lebel
- Structural Fit Up:Valentin Engineering Ltd.
- Mechanical Fit Up:Crossey Engineering Ltd.
- Electrical Fit Up:Crossey Engineering Ltd.
- Building Code:David Hine Engineering
- Marketing & Communications:Bridget Kane, Amanda Chong
- Honours & Awards:Canadian Interiors Best of Canada Award
Text description provided by the architects. This major renovation project involved the dramatic transformation of a former munitions factory into the new Toronto headquarters for the Cossette Media family of agencies.
The large-bay structure of the existing building – which had been broken into a dark warren of small rooms by a previous tenant – was recovered during the project, creating a bright and vibrant atmosphere that is reflective of the values of the client as well as a unique address for each of the different agencies operated by Cossette.
The design brings the agencies together along an active interior street along which interaction occurs access is provided to numerous shared services – from collaboration areas, cafe space and meeting rooms, to management, editing and production facilities. This strategy creates a lively central spine, bringing each facet of the agency together, while offering the autonomy and security required by each unit.
By restoring the original large-bay structure of the building and the use of meeting pods in the floating mezzanine, the beauty of the original industrial space is restored while also introducing an abundance of daylight into all work spaces, regardless of their location within the building.